NETLink® WLAN, PROFIBUS Ethernet WLAN gateway
In general, connection to each MPI/PROFIBUS terminal of the bus system or directly at the interfaces of active and passive participants is also possible. The PG socket integrated in the connector housing allows connection of additional devices.
The integrated web interface offers parameterization, diagnostic, and security features, and for functional enhancements, the user can use our free diagnostic software SHTools to, for example, automatically perform firmware updates. The latest version is available for download.
The NETLink® WLAN is an Ethernet Gateway with integrated WLAN function. As an alternative to the RJ45 socket, the required “Ad-hoc” or “Infrastructure” mode can be parameterized using the web interface. All of the following standard wireless security methods are supported: WEP, WPA, and WPA2. The NETLink® WLAN obtains its supply voltage through the CPU of the automation device or optionally from externally supplied DC 24 V.
The NETLink® WLAN enables implementation of TCP/IP on the MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS with up to 32 simultaneously open connection channels. With the switchable single-master operation, passive bus participants can be addressed. The integration of SCADA, HMI, and OPC applications is possible via the widely used ISO on TCP (RFC 1006) protocol. They are automatically recognized and forwarded by NETLink® WLAN.
- RFC 1006 (ISO on TCP)
- CPU-to-CPU communication (with S7-300* and S7-400*)
- Support for all common S7 engineering tools
- Dynamic address assignment using DHCP
- Security functions for securing TCP/IP access
- Switchable PLC write protection
- Up to 16 TCP connections
- Up to 32 MPI/PROFIBUS connections
- Easy configuration via web interface
- Variables can be monitored in a browser window
- Support for slave configuration
- Electrical isolation for MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS
- MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS from 9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps
- For S7-200*, S7-300*, S7-400*
- WLAN port (802.11b/g) with speeds of up to 54 Mbps can be enabled and disabled
|Transmission rate||10/100 Mbps autom. detection|
|Protocol||FDL, RFC 1006|
|Frequency range||2.412 … 2.484 GHz|
|Transmission power||14 dBm +1.5 dBm/-1.0 dBm|
|Transmission speed||54 Mbps|
|Wireless security methods||WEP, WPA, WPA2|
|Transmission rate||max. 12 Mbps autom. detection|
|Connection||SUB-D male connector, 9-pin. with PG interface and repeater|
|Status indicator||5 LEDs, 2 of them bi-color|
|Voltage supply||24 V DC, 18–30 V DC|
|Current draw||typ. 200 mA with DC 24 V|
|NETLink® WLAN, PROFIBUS Ethernet WLAN gateway||700-882-MPI21|
|SHTools, for Windows 7/8/10 32/64 Bit||Versie: v3.89 fw4|