TB20 Bus coupler, PROFIBUS-DP
The PROFIBUS-DP bus coupler is designed to connect a PROFIBUS bus to TB20 peripheral modules. It supports the DP-V0 and DP-V1 protocols.
It will recognize all connected peripheral modules and assign each module the corresponding inputs/outputs from the process image table.
A functioning TB20 configuration will always require a bus coupler and at least one peripheral module, but can accommodate up to 64 modules of any kind connected in series with the bus coupler. The bus coupler supports hot-swap for replacing modules during operation.
Starting with firmware version 1.20, the states of 2-bit and 4-bit I/O modules can be packed together in bytes, making it possible to take full advantage of all the space in the process image table.
- Diagnostic alarm: On | Off
- Process alarm: On | Off
- Pull/plug alarm: On | Off
- Startup when expected/actual configuration differ: On | Off (hot-swaping allowed: Yes | No)
- Identifier-related diagnostics: On | Off
- Submodule status: On | Off
- Channel-related diagnostics: On | Off
- Modules can be replaced during operation (hot-swapping)
- 24 VDC power supply
- Integrated power supply unit for powering peripheral modules (2.5 A)
- Supplies the system’s I/O voltage (24 VDC)
- USB device port for online diagnostics, configuring parameters, setup, and firmware updates with TB20 ToolBox
- TB20 ToolBox simulation for setting up the I/O system without a higher-level controller in order to test the system`s operation (I/O check)
- PROFIBUS DP slave as defined in EN 50170/IEC 61158
- Supports all PROFIBUS baud rates
- DP-V0 and DP-V1 support
- Up to 64 peripheral modules
- Up to 244 bytes of input data and 244 bytes of output data
- Concealed "factory reset" switch for restoring the module to its factory settings
|Dimensions (DxWxH)||110 x 35 x 73 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 115 g|
|PROFIBUS Transmission rate||9.6 Kbaud ... 12 Mbaud, automatic detection|
|PROFIBUS protocol||PROFIBUS DP/V0 & DP/V1|
|Voltage supply||24 V DC, 18–30 V DC|
|TB20 PROFIBUS-DP Coupler||600-151-1AA11|