TB20-C bus coupler, EtherCAT
The EtherCAT bus coupler makes it possible to access data from peripheral modules using the EtherCAT protocol.
It can accommodate up to 64 modules of any kind connected in series with the bus coupler.
It detects peripheral modules that are plugged in and can assign the corresponding I/O data to an EtherCAT mapping automatically.
The EtherCAT bus coupler supports the Modular Device Profile.
A large I/O image table size of 1,024 bytes makes it possible toimplement comprehensive and complex systems.
TB20 ToolBox can be used to easily configure the system and the various module parameters and transfer the corresponding settings to the coupler.
Alternatively, the configuration can also be edited using the CoE object dictionary.
Finally, running TB20 systems can be diagnosed in real-time and set up for testing purposes if an EtherCAT master is not yet connected (simulation / I/O check).
A functioning TB20 configuration will always require a bus coupler and at least one peripheral module.
- EtherCAT slave with Modular Device Profile (MDP) support
- Two EtherCAT ports (RJ45, 100BASE-TX)
- Modules can be replaced during operation (hot-swap)
- Automatic module I/O data mapping
- Integrated power supply unit for powering peripheral modules (2.5 A)
- USB device port for online diagnostics, configuring parameters, setup, and firmware updates with "TB20 ToolBox"
- Can be alternatively configured, including its parameters, using the CoE protocol
- TB20 ToolBox simulation for setting up the I/O system without a higher-level controller in order to test the system's operation (I/O check)
- Concealed "factory reset" switch for restoring the module to its factory settings
|Dimensions (DxWxH)||110 x 35 x 73 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 130 g|
|Protocol||EtherCAT according to IEC standard 61158|
|EtherCAT features||Automatic process data configuration, Support of 'CANopen over EtherCAT' (CoE), Object directory according to 'Modular Device Profile' (MDP), Support of 'SDO Info' and 'Complete Access'|
|EtherCAT Diagnostic functions||cycle-current module diagnosis on the basis of module and channel status, subsequent module diagnosis on the basis of the diagnosis status in the object directory|
|Voltage supply||24 V DC, 18...28 V DC|
|TB20 EtherCAT Coupler||600-185-1AA11|