Solexy’s patented (7,057,105) Explosion-Proof / Intrinsically Safe Ethernet Coupler allows for transmissions of Ethernet into hazardous areas with a standard RJ45 connector.
With the Solexy Ethernet coupler it’s possible to connect any standard ethernet devices located in a classified or safe area.
The BXF explosion proof and intrinsically safe barrier is certified for installation in classified areas and BAF intrinsically safe barrier is suitable for installation in safe areas and purged systems.
The BXF is designed to be used with any UL, CSA, MSHA, ATEX or IECEx listed explosion proof housing without the need of a seal fitting, taking up no internal space.
The BAF is designed to be used in safe area directly with any CAT5 or CAT5e cable system. The BAF can also be remote mounted up to 70 meters away with minimal loss of signal. The BAF is also designed to be used with air purge panel systems.
A BXF and/or BAF coupler is required on each end of a cable installation for full protection of both the RX and TX lines.
More information of both types you find in downloads.
- No Sealing Fitting Required ► Fitting is pre-approved for hazardous locations and can be installed with no potting compounds and a simple wrench. Eliminates the need for costly seal fittings, and reduces the chance of error associated with field installed sealing practices.
- Corrosion Resistant ► 300 series stainless steel of BXF series protects the fitting from corrosive environments, sealing fittings are typically constructed of aluminium or galvanized steel, neither being well suited for the process industry.
- Environmental Protection ► All required circuitry is recessed into fitting and encapsulated against harsh environments; this is impossible with conventional sealing methods.
- Interchangeability ► Ethernet cables can be connected/disconnected without powering down the system, and can be run in traditional cable trays.
- Industrial M12 “D” connection ► With this secure weather proof industrial connection, cable installation and removal can be accomplished without removing power.
|Barrier Type Intrinsically Safe suitable for safe area installation|
|Barrier Type Explosion proof / Intrinsically Safe suitable for classified area installation|