NETLink® PRO PoE, PROFIBUS Ethernet Gateway
In general, connection to each MPI/PROFIBUS terminal of the bus system or directly at the interfaces of active and passive participants is also possible. The PG socket integrated in the connector housing allows connection of additional devices.
The integrated web interface offers parameterization, diagnostic, and security features, and for functional enhancements, the user can use our free diagnostic software SHTools to, for example, automatically perform firmware updates. The latest version is available for download.
It draws its supply voltage through the CPU of the automation device, or optionally via externally supplied DC 24 V, or a CAT5 network cable using a PoE power supply unit.
The NETLink® PRO PoE enables the implementation of TCP/IP on the MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS with up to 32 simultaneously open connection channels. With the switchable single-master operation, passive bus participants can be addressed. The integration of SCADA, HMI, and OPC applications is possible via the widely used ISO on TCP (RFC 1006) protocol.
The applications are automatically detected and forwarded by the NETLink® PRO PoE.
- RFC 1006 (ISO on TCP)
- CPU-to-CPU communication (with S7-300* and S7-400*)
- Support for all common S7 engineering tools
- Dynamic address assignment using DHCP
- Security functions for securing TCP/IP access
- Switchable PLC write protection
- Up to 16 TCP connections
- Up to 32 MPI/PROFIBUS connections
- Easy configuration via web interface
- Variables can be monitored in a browser window
- Support for slave configuration
- Electrical isolation for MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS
- MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS from 9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps
- For S7-200*, S7-300*, S7-400*
- Powered Device (PD) as defined in IEEE 802.3af (POE) and 802.3at (POE+)
|Transmission rate||10/100 Mbps autom. detection|
|Protocol||FDL, RFC 1006|
|Transmission rate||max. 12 Mbps autom. detection|
|Connection||SUB-D male connector, 9-pin. with PG interface and repeater|
|Status indicator||5 LEDs, 2 of them bi-color|
|Voltage supply||24 V DC, 18–30 V DC|
|Current draw||Max. 200 mA with DC 24 V|
|NETLink® PRO PoE, PROFIBUS Ethernet Gateway||700-881-MPI21|